Vegan Korean Bibimbap
This Korean inspired vegan bibimbap is full of flavour with sweet and savoury lentils, sautéed spinach, kimchi, fresh carrots and cucumbers, and a rich and easy to make vegan egg yolk sauce.
For the sautéed spinach:
- 2 teaspoon(s) sesame oil
- 6 cup(s) fresh spinach
- 2 teaspoon(s) soy sauce (gluten-free if preferred)
For the toppings:
- 2 medium carrots peeled and matchsticked
- 1/2 medium cucumber matchsticked
- 1/2 cup(s) kimchi (check to make sure it's vegan)
- 1 tablespoon(s) sesame seeds (optional)
- Sambal, Sriracha, or other hot sauce (optional)
- To make the spinach, add the sesame oil to a skillet or frying pan and put over medium heat. When hot add the spinach and soy sauce. Stir and cook for 1 - 2 minutes just to wilt the leaves, don't overcook. Remove from heat.
- To assemble the bowls, divide the rice evenly among the bowls. Follow with the Sweet Korean Lentils, cooked spinach, carrots, cucumber, kimchi, and the drizzle the Vegan Toast Dipping Sauce in the middle of the bowl. Garnish with sesame seeds and hot sauce if desired.
Soy-Free: for soy-free, substitute a soy sauce for a soy-free option such as coconut aminos.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 571kcal | Carbohydrates: 86g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1492mg | Potassium: 981mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 9495IU | Vitamin C: 20.2mg | Calcium: 142mg | Iron: 6mg