Sweet Korean Lentils
All the flavours of Korean BBQ made vegan and gluten free! Sweet and mildly spiced, just 15 minutes to make!
For the sauce:
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1/4 cup(s) soy sauce (gluten-free if preferred)
- 2-3 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 inch(s) fresh ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper flakes
For the Lentils:
- 1 tablespoon(s) light oil (such as canola, vegetable, or peanut oil)
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1 cup(s) red lentils
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) sesame seeds
- In a medium bow, mix together all the sauce ingredients.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, then add the onion and sauté for a few minutes until the onion softens and begins to brown. Now add the lentils and the sauce. Cover and bring to a gentle simmer until the lentils are cooked and tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, about 8 to 10 minutes. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
Soy-Free: for soy-free, substitute a soy sauce for a soy-free option such as coconut aminos.
Serving: 1/4 of recipe | Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 826mg | Potassium: 506mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 4.6mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 4.1mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan