Vegan Wedge Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
This Vegan Wedge Salad recipe is topped with vegan bacon bits, cherry tomatoes, pickled red onions, and an unbelievably delicious homemade vegan blue cheese salad dressing! This recipe is quick and easy to make and is perfect for a fancy-looking appetizer or side dish.
For the vegan blue cheese dressing:
For the wedge salad:
- 1/4 cup(s) vegan bacon bits homemade or store-bought, see notes
- 1 head(s) iceberg lettuce cut into 4 wedges (see step 2)
- 1 cup(s) cherry tomatoes sliced into coins
- 2 tablespoon(s) pickled onions (or thinly sliced red onion), optional
- To make the vegan blue cheese dressing: add all the dressing ingredients to a small bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- To prepare the salad: chop the head of lettuce in half, and then chop each half in half again to make 4 wedges. Cut the core out of each wedge.
- To assemble the salads: divide the lettuce wedges across four plates. Drizzle dressing over the wedge to taste. Sprinkle over the vegan bacon bits, cherry tomato slices, and pickled onions. Garnish with salt, black pepper, and dill if desired. Serve right away.
Vegan bacon bits: you can either use homemade vegan bacon bits or store-bought. (A lot of store-bought bacon bits are accidentally vegan). In the photos, I used my Shiitake Bacon recipe, but my Tofu Bacon Bits recipe, Quick & Easy Mushroom Bacon, or Tofu Chorizo Crumbles would all be delicious options as well.
Serving: 1 serving when made with vegan mayonnaise (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 329kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 496mg | Potassium: 208mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 291IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 2mg