Vegan Chicken Caesar Salad
If you're feeling adventurous you can try making your own seitan chicken from scratch, or to make it simpler try some recipe suggestions listed in the notes, or feel free to use store-bought vegan chicken. See the notes for many variations including gluten-free and oil-free options!
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 Seitan Tenders (or store-bought vegan chicken) (see notes for more options)
- 2 romaine hearts loosely chopped
- 1 recipe(s) Vegan Cashew Caesar Salad Dressing (or store-bought vegan caesar dressing)
- 1 cup(s) vegan-friendly croutons
- 1 - 2 tablespoon(s) vegan parmesan (homemade or store-bought)
- For the seitan, I like to marinate my tenders in my lemon mustard, Italian, or sweet and smoky marinades for this salad. Prepare and marinate the seitan tenders. Then make the salad dressing and parmegan. All of these can be prepared well in advance and stored in the fridge for several days so assembly of this salad can be quick and easy.
- To make the salad: brush a grill pan or skillet with oil then place on medium-high heat. When hot, fry the seitan tenders a few minutes on each side until golden. Remove the seitan from the pan and slice into thin strips.
- Add the romaine to a large bowl and drizzle with the salad dressing to taste. Toss well to evenly coat the lettuce in dressing. Top the salad with the seitan tender slices, croutons, and parmegan. Serve fresh.
- Instead of the seitan you can sub my Tofu Bites or store-bought vegan chicken.
- Instead of the cashew caesar you can sub my mayonnaise based caesar salad dressing found in my cookbook Fuss-Free Vegan on page 77.
- Instead of store-bought, you can make homemade croutons using my recipes also found in Fuss-Free Vegan on page 77.
- If you would like to add bacon, you can use my Mushroom Bacon, Banana Peel Bacon, or my tofu bacon bits recipes found here in the meal plan, or my Coconut Bacon or Rice Paper Bacon both found in Fuss-Free Vegan, or store-bought vegan bacon bits (many are accidently vegan).
Serving: 1serving (half of the salad) | Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 423mg | Potassium: 515mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 9842IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 9mg