Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cake
This easy to make, super moist cake is DELICIOUS!! Spread with fluffy pumpkin spice frosting or serve without.
Servings: 8" layer cake with frosting
- 2 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup(s) white sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/2 cup(s) plant-based milk (such as soy or almond)
- 1 cup(s) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup(s) light oil (such as canola or vegetable)
- 2 tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 3 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup(s) vegan butter
- 2 teaspoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 - 2 tablespoon(s) plant-based milk (such as soy or almond)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F (180C). Lightly grease two 8" round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together.
- In a medium bowl, mix the wet ingredients together. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until the batter just comes together, don’t over mix. Divide the batter among the cake pans and give the pans a little wiggle to help flatten the batter. Bake for about 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, mix all the ingredients together with a hand or stand mixer until fluffy, adding 1 - 2 tablespoons plant-based milk to reach desired consistency. Frost your cake as desired. This time I kept it a little rustic by exposing the cake layers, but there is enough frosting to cover the whole cake if you prefer. I then added a little extra pizazz by grating a bit of fresh nutmeg on top.
Soy-Free: To keep this recipe soy-free, choose almond or oat milk rather than soy milk.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 18 servings) | Calories: 365kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 233mg | Potassium: 72mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 2358IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan