Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Adding pumpkin to cookies changes the texture to an amazing soft cakey texture that is to die for delicious! Infused with pumpkin spice, big chunks of dark chocolate, and a little sprinkle of salt, these vegan pumpkin chocolate chunk cookies are the perfect not-too-sweet Autumn treat, I'm in love!
Servings: 16 Cookies
- 1/2 cup(s) vegan butter
- 1/2 cup(s) white sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 6 tablespoon(s) pumpkin pureé (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 3.5 oz(s) vegan dark chocolate chopped into chunks (or sub ½ cup chocolate chips)
- 1 pinch(s) flake salt (optional), for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease them.
- In a large bowl, cream together the vegan butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Once fluffy stir in the pumpkin and vanilla extract. Now add the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and mix well. Finally, stir in the chocolate chunks. The cookie dough will be light and fluffy.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon and scoop about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough and drop it onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat using up all the dough spreading them out across the baking sheets. Use your fingers to gently flatten the balls, the cookies don't spread much. Bake for about 12 minutes until the cookies have puffed up and no longer look wet. Remove from the oven and let cool on the pan. Optionally, you can sprinkle the cookies with a little flake salt before serving.
Make-ahead/Freeze: Once cooled, you can store them at room temperature in an air-tight container for up to 5 days. Or you can freeze them. I actually love these best when enjoyed straight from the freezer! Chocolate Chunks: For the chocolate chunks, I like to pick up a big bar of vegan-friendly dark chocolate, and then roughly chop it with my knife. I love that some of the chocolate is in small pieces and then there are some large chunks. The texture and flavour are amazing! But if you prefer, you can sub for vegan chocolate chips, and the cookies will still be perfect. Salt: I love the combination of dark chocolate and a sprinkle of salt to balance out the sweetness of these cookies making them the perfect not-too-sweet treat. But if you prefer a sweeter dessert, opt for semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips, and omit the salt.
Serving: 1cookies (recipe makes 16 cookies) | Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 102mg | Potassium: 83mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1148IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg