The perfect easy vegan breakfast recipe!
Servings: 4 medium waffles
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup(s) white sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) plant-based milk (such as soy or almond)
- 1/2 cup(s) light oil (such as canola or vegetable)
- 1/2 cup(s) fancy molasses
- 1 tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a large bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl whisk together all the wet ingredients. Pour the wet into dry and mix together until just combined. Lumps are totally cool.
- When the waffle iron is hot, spray oil or lightly brush oil on both the top and bottom griddles of the waffle iron. Pour about 1/4 of the batter onto the iron and lightly spread it around so that it just covers the griddle leaving room for the batter to expand. Close the waffle iron and cook until the waffle is cooked through and golden on both sides. Use a fork or spatula to help release the waffles. Serve with a dollop of Vegan Coconut Whipped Cream or Easy Vegan Marshmallow Fluff and maple syrup if desired.
Soy-Free: To keep this recipe soy-free, choose almond or oat milk rather than soy milk.
Calories: 671kcal | Carbohydrates: 95g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 196mg | Potassium: 1061mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 45g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 308mg | Iron: 5.7mg