Vegan Fried Egg!?
Easy to make with a runny vegan egg yolk! Great for anyone who is egg-free but misses this breakfast treat!
Servings: fried eggs
- 1 16oz block(s) medium or firm tofu drained
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegan butter
- 1 recipe(s) Vegan Egg Yolk Sauce
- Turn the block of tofu on its side and cut into 4 - 6 thin slices. Use the tip of your knife to cut off the corners of the tofu making it a rough circle. You could alternatively use a round cookie cutter, or just leave it as a rectangle.
- Melt the vegan butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add in the tofu slices in a single layer (you may have to work in batches). Fry the tofu a couple of minutes per side until lightly browned around the edges, flip and repeat on the other side.
- Once the tofu slices are cooked, remove from pan and place directly onto plates or serving dishes. Use a small round cookie cutter, a shot glass, or the tip of your knife to cut a small circle in the middle of the fried tofu slices. Serve the slices on a plate and fill the holes with the Vegan Toast Dipping Sauce. Garnish with salt and pepper as desired. You can serve any leftover dipping sauce in a small dish on the side.
Serving: 1fried egg | Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 467mg | Potassium: 20mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 134IU | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 2mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan