Vegan Cobb Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
Flavour bursting mushroom bacon, tender baked tofu, creamy avocado, juicy cherry tomatoes, sweet pops of corn on a bed of crispy romaine topped with a vegan blue cheese dressing. ← Now THAT is magic.
Servings: 4 as a side (2 as a main)
For the tender baked tofu:
- 2 tablespoon(s) nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 12oz block(s) extra-firm tofu torn into pieces
For the smoky mushroom bacon:
For the vegan cobb salad:
- 8 cup(s) romaine or iceberg lettuce chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) grape or cherry tomatoes (224g) halved
- 1 cup(s) corn kernels (thawed if frozen)
- 1 avocados chopped
- 1 recipe(s) Easy Vegan Blue Cheese Dressing or store-bought vegan dressing of choice
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh chives chopped (for garnish)
To make the tender baked tofu:
- Preheat your oven to 375F (190C). Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the nutritional yeast, olive oil, soy sauce and garlic powder. Break the block of tofu into small chunks and add them to the bowl. Toss well to evenly coat.
- Spread the tofu evenly across one of the baking sheets and bake about 30 minutes, stirring every now and then until lightly golden.
To make the smoky mushroom bacon:
- In a medium bowl, mix together the olive oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, and liquid smoke. Add the sliced mushrooms to the bowl and gently toss to evenly combine.
- Spread the mushrooms slices in a single layer over the remaining baking sheet, and pour over any leftover marinade. Add to the oven along with the tofu and bake for about 20 minutes until dark golden and reduced in size.
To assemble the vegan cobb salad:
- On a large platter, evenly spread the romaine lettuce. Top with the smoky mushroom bacon, tender baked tofu, cherry tomatoes, corn kernels, and avocado. I like to display each ingredient separately in a row for a rainbow effect but feel free to display your veggies however you like. Add the vegan blue cheese dressing to taste and garnish with chives.
- The mushrooms and tofu are great served both hot or cold.
- Calories do not include the dressing.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 268kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 848mg | Potassium: 948mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 8810IU | Vitamin C: 19.1mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 2.4mg