Vegan Chorizo Garlic Cream Pasta
Chewy flavour-packed easy homemade vegan tofu chorizo, paired with a 5-minute dairy-free garlic cream sauce, all tossed together with hot pasta. Yes, yes, and more yes!!! Easy to make and even easier to eat.
Servings: - 6 servings
- 1 batch(s) Vegan Chorizo Tofu Crumbles (or store-bought vegan chorizo)
- 16 oz pasta of choice (gluten-free if preffered),
- 1 cup(s) raw cashews
- 1 cup(s) water (plus more if needed)
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 handful(s) fresh parsley roughly chopped (optional for garnish)
For the chorizo:
- First, make a batch of my vegan chorizo tofu crumbles. You can prepare this ahead of time or prepare it fresh.
For the garlic cream sauce:
- Next make this 5-minute vegan garlic cream sauce by adding the raw cashews, water, garlic, and salt to a high-powered blender until the sauce is completely smooth and creamy.*If you don’t have a high-powered blender, you might want to boil the cashews first to ensure they are tender enough to blend into a smooth sauce. To do this add the cashews to a small pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes until the cashews are very tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. You can now proceed to make the sauce in the blender by adding the raw cashews, followed by 1 cup of water, the garlic and salt and blend until smooth and creamy.
For the pasta:
- To prepare the pasta, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook your pasta of choice. I used rigatoni, but any shape will work just fine. Once pasta is cooked, drain and return to the pot. Pour over the garlic cream and about half of the chorizo crumbles and stir to combine. If you find that your sauce gets too thick, you may add water as needed to thin. Sprinkle the remaining chorizo crumbles over top along with freshly chopped parsley. Serve hot!
Vegan chorizo crumbles can be made and used right away, or it can be prepared up to 4 days in advance and stored in the fridge until ready to use. Garlic cream sauce can be made ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 1 day. Nutrition is based on 1/6th of the prepared pasta.
Calories: 486kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 599mg | Potassium: 459mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 780IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 4mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan