Vegan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Tender, moist, chocolatey, pumpkin infused, and surprisingly easy to make too! Just whip up the simple batter, pour in a pan, and bake. That's it. And if you don't like chocolate (weirdo), you can either omit the chocolate chips, or replace them with crunchy walnuts, pecans, or pepitas.
Servings: 8" x 4" loaf (10 - 12 servings)
- 1 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup(s) white sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 cup(s) plant-based milk (such as soy or oat)
- 1/2 cup(s) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup(s) light oil (such as canola or vegetable)
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup(s) vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C). Lightly grease an 8" x 4" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together.
- In a medium bowl, mix the plant-based milk, pumpkin puree, light oil, and apple cider vinegar. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until the batter just comes together, don’t over mix. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and optionally you can scatter a few extra chocolate chips across the surface of the batter. Bake for 50 - 60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. (You may need to test a few areas to make sure you test a spot without a chocolate chip). Allow pumpkin bread to cool in pan for a minimum of 30 minutes before removing to a rack to finish cooling.
Chocolate chips: Feel free to substitute the chocolate chips for 1/2 cup of walnuts, pecans, or pepitas, or you can omit them completely. Freezer-friendly: to freeze, let the pumpkin bread cool completely. Wrap tightly in a freezer bag removing as much excess air as possible and freeze. To thaw, remove the pumpkin bread from the wrapping and allow to thaw on a wire rack. Soy-Free: To keep this recipe soy-free, choose almond or oat milk rather than soy milk.
Serving: 1slice (one loaf makes 10 slices) | Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 181mg | Potassium: 87mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 1976IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 2mg