The Best Vegan Pistachio Ice Cream
The Best Vegan Pistachio Ice Cream is creamy, and nutty, with hints of vanilla. No coconut and no banana. Made with just 7 ingredients. Use this recipe in an ice cream maker or try my no-machine technique!
Servings: (makes about 3 cups or 1 ½ pints)
- 1 ½ cup(s) plant-based milk (such as oat or soy)
- 3/4 cup(s) shelled raw unsalted pistachios
- 1/2 cup(s) raw cashews
- 1/4 cup(s) white sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- 1 pinch(es) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) shelled roasted unsalted pistachios roughly chopped (optional)
- Prepare your ice cream maker following the manufacturer's instructions. I have this Cuisinart ice cream maker which I love. (See notes if you do not have an ice cream machine).
- Add the plant-based milk, pistachios, cashews, sugar, vanilla, almond extract, and salt to your blender. Blend until completely smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape the sides if needed. Make sure that the pistachios and cashews are completely blended and that no bits remain.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into your ice cream maker and churn the ice cream for about 25 minutes until it reaches a soft serve consistency. If you want pistachio pieces in the ice cream, add them in the last 5 minutes of churning. Enjoy immediately, or for firmer ice cream, spread into a sealable container and freeze for 2 hours or overnight until firm. Scoop and enjoy! Store leftover dairy-free ice cream in a freezer-safe container in the freezer for up to two weeks.
No ice cream maker technique: if you do not have an ice cream machine, make the ice cream base as directed and then follow the directions in How to Make Ice Cream in a Blender.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 6 servings) | Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Sodium: 39mg | Potassium: 414mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 298IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 2mg