How to Make Ice Cream in a Blender!
No ice cream machine and no-churning required. Use this simple technique with any homemade ice cream recipe to make creamy homemade ice cream in a snap!
- 1 recipe homemade ice cream base I used my vegan vanilla ice cream recipe
- 1 splash plant-based milk if needed
- Prepare your ice cream base according to the recipe instructions. Make sure that the recipe doesn't make more than can fit in your blender. Pour the ice cream base into an ice cube tray. You may need more than one ice cube tray. Freeze the ice cream cubes overnight.
- Once the cubes are frozen, pop out the ice cream cubes and transfer them to your blender. Pulse the blender (I used the crushed ice setting), multiple times, stopping to scrape down the sides of the blender, and push the ice cream cubes towards the blade if needed. This may take a bit of time and effort. If needed you can add a splash of plant-based milk to the blend, but do not add too much or you may make your ice cream too thin. Continue blending until you reach a soft serve consistency.
- Enjoy right away, or for firmer, scoopable ice cream spread the ice cream into a freezer-friendly container, and freeze for a few more hours to firm it up more. You can optionally stir in any add-ins you like such as crumbled cookies, chocolate chips, nuts, or you can swirl in peanut butter, almond butter, or strawberry jam.