Soft Vegan Pumpkin Cookies
Soft Vegan Pumpkin Cookies with pumpkin spice icing are every bit as delicious as they sound! These old fashioned cookies are super soft and cakey, almost like the top part of a cupcake more than a traditional cookie. They are easy to make and freeze beautifully.
Servings: 28 - 30 cookies
For the pumpkin cookies:
- 1 1/2 cup(s) white sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) vegan butter softened
- 1 1/4 cup(s) pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
For the pumpkin spice icing:
- 1 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) plant-based milk (such as soy or oat)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- To make the cookies: Preheat your oven to 350F (180C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease them.
- Add the sugar and vegan butter to a large bowl and use a mixer or spatula to cream the sugar and butter together. Add the pumpkin and vanilla extract and mix in. Now add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt and mix well to combine.
- Lightly spray a cookie scoop or large spoon with oil, and scoop 2 tablespoons of cookie dough and drop it onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat to fill your tray, evenly spacing the cookies. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until the cookies are golden on the bottom. (The cookies will not spread much). Let the cookies cool completely before icing.
- To make the icing: add the powdered sugar, plant-based milk, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Drizzle over the cookies. Let the cookies rest to set the icing. Store the cookies at room temperature for up to a week or freeze in an air-tight container.
Soy-Free: To keep this recipe soy-free, choose almond or oat milk rather than soy milk.
Serving: 1-cookie with icing (recipe makes 28 cookies) | Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 108mg | Potassium: 50mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 1861IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg