Oh Momma Minestrone Soup
Better than any restaurant version, this minestrone soup is where it's at. (And the where it's at is your kitchen). I love this hearty soup, jam-packed full of beans, pasta, veggies, and spices, this is a perfect hit-the-sport kinda soup. Serve with a crusty baguette, and oh momma!
Servings: -8 servings
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- 1 medium carrots peeled and chopped
- 4 clove(s) garlic minved or pressed
- 6 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 1 28oz can(s) diced tomatoes
- 1 19oz can(s) kidney beans (about 2 cups) drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen green beans trimmed and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cup short pasta such as elbow, bow ties, or ditali (gluten-free if preferred)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. When it’s hot, add in the onion, celery, carrot, and garlic. Sauté for about 5 minutes, until the onion turns translucent and begins to brown.
- Now add the vegetable broth, tomatoes, kidney beans, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then immediately reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Finally, add in the green beans and pasta and cook another 8 to 12 mintues until the pasta is al dente. Serve hot.
Oil-Free: to make oil-free omit the olive oil and instead do a water or broth sauté.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 6 servings) | Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 1255mg | Potassium: 594mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2457IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 4mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan