Fresh Tomato Pasta
Super easy and quick pasta to make. Endless variations, use any kind of pasta, any kind of tomatoes, and any kind of herbs! No matter the combo, it always turns out so delicious. The no-cook sauce couldn't be simpler to make. Just chop, mix, and toss with hot pasta. That's it!
- 1 lb(s) tomatoes (3 cups) (beefsteak, cherry, rainbow, yellow, or a mix) chopped
- 4 tablespoon(s) fresh herb(s) of choice for Fresh Tomato Pasta: basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, parsley, or chives chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 14 oz pasta of choice (rigatoni, penne, spaghetti, fettucini, whatever you like, gluten-free if preferred)
- To a large bowl, add the tomatoes, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper. Gently toss to combine. Let rest for 10 to 20 minutes at room temperature which will allow the flavours to marinate.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package direction. When ready, drain and then return the pasta to the empty pot. Add all of the fresh tomato mixture and toss to combine. Serve hot.
OPTIONAL ADD-INS Olive oil: Mix in 1 - 3 tablespoons of olive oil along with the tomatoes. Red onion: Thinly slice 1/4 of a red onion and mix in with the tomatoes. Balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze: Drizzle a little balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze over the pasta just before serving. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes: Add 1/2 teaspoon along with the tomatoes. Vegan Cheese: Sprinkle the prepared and plated pasta with vegan parmesan, grated vegan mozzarella, or a couple of dollops of tofu ricotta.
Calories: 394kcal | Carbohydrates: 80g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 307mg | Potassium: 534mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1521IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2mg