Easy Vegan Whipped Feta Dip
Just 7 ingredients and 20 minutes or less to make this easy vegan whipped feta dip! The perfect vegan appetizer for parties or a snack for yourself. Creamy, fluffy, cheesy, and tangy!
- 1 ½ cup(s) raw cashews softened if needed (see step 1)
- ¾ - 1 cup(s) water
- 3 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) nutritional yeast
- 1 ½ tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- ¾ teaspoon(s) salt
- Optional to serve with whipped feta dip: pita triangles, chips, crackers or veggies
- Optional toppings for whipped feta dip: fresh chopped oregano, chili flakes, black pepper, flake salt, olive oil, maple syrup, chili flakes, everything bagel seasoning, toasted sesame seeds, caramelized onions, or other fresh herbs choose what you like for garnish
- Softening the cashews (optional): Softening the cashews first helps them blend. If you have a high-powered blender you can skip this step, but if not, this step is important to get a smooth and creamy cheesecake layer. To soften the cashews add the cashews to a small pot, cover with water, and boil for about 10 minutes until the cashews are very tender. Drain and rinse cashews before using.
- Add the cashews, ¾ cup water, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, dried oregano, and salt to a blender or food processor. Blend until completely smooth and creamy stopping to scrape the sides as needed. If your dip is too thick or difficult to blend, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time, adding more as needed until you reach desired consistency. Serve the dip with a sprinkle of garnishes as desired, and a side of pita triangles, veggies, or chips for dipping. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. The dip will get slightly thicker once cooled.
Cashew alternative/ Nut-Free: try subbing cashews with blanched almonds or macadamia nuts. Or for nut-free sub raw sunflower seeds. Make sure to boil the almonds, macadamia nuts, or sunflower seeds if using to ensure they blend smoothly.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 8 servings) | Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 224mg | Potassium: 211mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 9IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 2mg