Easy Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
Creamy, sweet, with warming cinnamon and nutmeg, and a slight taste of pumpkin. It tastes like pumpkin pie in a cup! Just 6 ingredients (7 if you like coconut whipped cream, which I definitely do), and about 5 minutes to make. This dairy-free version is so quick and easy to whip up and tastes even better than Starbucks.
- 2 shot(s) espresso (or ½ cup strong coffee)
- 1 tablespoon(s) pumpkin pureé
- 1 tablespoon(s) brown sugar or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pumpkin pie spice plus more for sprinkling
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup(s) plant-based milk such as oat or soy
- 1 dollop(s) Coconut Whipped Cream optional for topping
- In a large coffee cup, mix together the espresso or coffee, pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract.
- If you have a milk frother, heat, and froth the milk until it is foamy and hot. If you do not have a milk frother, you can heat the milk in a saucepan or in the microwave until it is hot (but not boiling), and then whisk well to make it a bit frothy. Pour the milk into the coffee. Top with a dollop of coconut whipped cream if using, and an extra sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice. Enjoy hot.
Brown Sugar: feel free to sub brown sugar for your sweetener of preference. Maple syrup or agave are also nice options. Coconut Whipped Cream: you can make homemade coconut whipped cream following my recipe here or you can buy it store-bought in a can. If you find another vegan whipped cream option, feel free to sub that as well. Plant-based milk: you can use whatever recipe you prefer. My go-to's are always soy milk or oat milk, both of which are delicious in this recipe. More servings: this recipe makes one serving, but feel free to multiply the recipe as needed. If you want to make several servings, I like to line up the mugs and measure out the ingredients one at a time in a row to make it quick and easy.
Serving: 1latte without coconut whipped cream | Calories: 140kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 101mg | Potassium: 370mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 3031IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 266mg | Iron: 1mg