Easy Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake
Make in a blender, bake and let cool overnight for an easy 10 ingredient make-ahead dessert. The creamy bliss of a cheesecake, with pumpkin flavours, is not too sweet, just perfectly mouth pleasingly delicious.
Servings: 8" cheesecake (about 12 servings)
For the cookie crust:
- 1 1/2 cup(s) cookie crumbs (graham crackers, ginger snaps, or any hard vegan cookie), gluten-free if preferred
- 1/4 cup(s) vegan butter melted
For the vegan pumpkin cheesecake:
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C). Cut a circle of parchment paper to fit the bottom of an 8 inch round baking pan, and line the sides with a strip of parchment as well so that the cake won't stick to the pan.
- To make the cookie crust: grind up the cookies of your choice in a food processor. In a medium bowl mix the cookie crumbs with the melted vegan butter. Pour the crumb mixture into the pan then spread the crumbs evenly and press them down firmly. Bake for 6 - 8 minutes until the edges are lightly golden. Remove from oven but leave the oven on.
- To soften the cashews: Boil them for 10 minutes until soft. OR soak the cashews for four hours or overnight. Drain before using.
- To make the vegan pumpkin cheesecake: add all of the ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until as smooth as possible stopping to scrape the sides as needed. The smoother you can get it, the better. I tried both the food processor and blender and didn't have a preference for either. The key was just to keep blending for a looong time. You want this baby smooth!
- Pour the mixture over top of the cookie crust and spread evenly. Bake for 25 - 35 minutes until the edges look dry and begin to crack. Let cool at room temperature, then transfer to the fridge and allow to chill uncovered for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight until set.
Make Ahead: Bake and keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. Gluten-Free: Use gluten-free vegan cookies to make a gluten free version. Soy-Free: To keep this recipe soy-free, choose almond or oat milk rather than soy milk.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 12 servings) | Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 147mg | Potassium: 160mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 3370IU | Vitamin C: 0.9mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1.7mg