Crispy French Fries
The key to oven crispy french fries are these 3 important (but easy!) steps. Follow this technique and get perfectly crispy fries every time.
- 2 russet potatoes , cut into very thin fries, peels left on
- 1 tablespoon(s) light oil (olive, canola, melted coconut oil, whatever your preference)
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- Optional garnishes for fries: freshly chopped parsley, freshly chopped rosemary, a sprinkle of garlic powder
- Optional soaking step: If you're in a rush you can skip this step (I often do) but soaking the fries will help them get extra crispy so if you have the time it's worth it. To soak them, put the cut raw fries in a big bowl of water to soak for a minim of 30 minutes and up to overnight. If you are soaking them overnight, just cover and pop the bowl in the fridge. When ready to prepare, drain and rinse the fries. Dump the fires onto a clean dish towel, and dry them off as best as you can.
- OVEN: Preheat your oven to 425F (220C). Lightly grease two baking sheets.AIR-FRYER: Preheat your air-fryer to 380F.
- Add the fries to a large bowl and toss well with the oil and salt so that they are evenly coated.
- OVEN: Spread the fries across the two baking sheets in a single layer, as evenly spread out as possible. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, stopping to flip halfway through until the fries are golden.AIR-FRYER: Air-fry the fries for about 25 minutes, stopping to shake the fries 2 - 3 times. Sprinkle with optional garnishes if deisred.
Oil free: to make oil free omit the oil. If using the oven, line the baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone matt so that they don't stick, or fry in your air-fryer.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 115kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 877mg | Potassium: 444mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan