Buffalo Chickpeas Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
The spicy, silky, tangy, sizzle of bufflao sauce coated chickpeas, combined with the sweet, creamy, fluffy sweet potatoes. YUM. An easy vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free dish.
- 8 small sweet potatoes, pierced all over with a fork to let steam escape
- 1 19oz can(s) chickpeas (2 cups) drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup(s) Frank's Red Hot sauce (or similar hot sauce)
- 3 tablespoon(s) vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) water
- 1 teaspoon(s) cornstarch
- vegan ranch dressing (homemade or store-bought) (optional)
- cilantro or parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400F (200C).
- Space the sweet potatoes out on a large baking tray and bake for 40 to 60 minutes until tender all the way through. Test by piercing them with a knife.
- In a medium pot, add the chickpeas, hot sauce, and vegan butter and stir over medium-high heat until the vegan butter is melted. In a small cup mix together the water and cornstarch, and mix that into the hot sauce mixture. Continue cooking until the chickpeas are heated through and the sauce thickens a bit, about 2 more minutes.
- Cut a slit down the middle of the potato, (careful, it's hot!), then using a towel or oven mitts, push the ends towards each other and the potato will pop open nicely. Fluff the insides with a fork, then stuff them with the buffalo chickpeas. Finish by drizzling over a little vegan ranch dressing if using either, and garnishing with cilantro or parsley.
Serving: 1stuffed sweet potato | Calories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 692mg | Potassium: 634mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 18476IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 3mg