BBQ Chickpea Salad
BBQ Chickpea Salad: hearty, healthy, satisfying, eat your veggies and lick your fingers kind of salad.
Creamy Ranch Dressing:
- 1/2 cup(s) vegan mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried chives
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
For the Salad:
- 1 19oz can(s) chickpeas (2 cups) drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup(s) Vegan BBQ Sauce
- 6 cup(s) romaine lettuce (two romaine hearts), chopped
- 1 cup(s) grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup(s) cucumber sliced
- 1 cup(s) corn kernels (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Add all of the ranch dressing ingredients to a small bowl and mix together. Set aside.
- Add the chickpeas to a saucepan with the BBQ sauce and put over medium heat. Let the chickpeas simmer in the sauce for about 5 to 10 minutes until the sauce thickens and sticks to the chickpeas. Remove from heat.
- Divide the lettuce among two large bowls. Then divide all of the vegetable and the BBQ chickpeas on top of the lettuce. I like to pile each ingredient in its own section so it looks pretty, but you can arrange it however you like. Drizzle with creamy vegan ranch dressing and garnish with a wedge of lime.
Oil-free: to make oil-free use my vegan cashew ranch dressing.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 430kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1570mg | Potassium: 720mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 7451IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 3mg