Vegan Cashew Ranch Dressing
9 ingredients and 15 minutes or less to make. This creamy dressing tastes just like the classic but it's dairy-free, healthy, oil-free, whole food plant-based! Drizzle this over every salad, bowl, or you can even use it as a dip.
Servings: 16 (makes about 2 cups)
- 1 cup(s) raw cashews
- 1 cup(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried chives
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried dill
- If you have a high-powdered blender you can skip straight to step 2. If you have a regular blender, you may want to soften the cashews first to ensure they blend smoothly. To do this add the cashews to a small pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes until the cashews are very tender. Drain and rinse with cold water before using.
- Add the cashews to your blender along with 1 cup of water, apple cider vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt blend until completely smooth, stopping to scrape the sides as needed. Add the parsley, chives, and dill and pulse a few times to incorporate. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week. The dressing gets thicker as it cools, and can even be used as a dip.
Cashews: raw cashews are my preferences as they have a mild flavour and are quite soft so they are easy to blend. For substitutions, you can try replacing the cashews with softened blanched almonds, softened raw sunflower seeds, white kidney or navy beans (reduce water), or soft tofu (reduce water). Dried herbs: if you want to substitute dried herbs for fresh herbs use double the amount. So 1 teaspoon dried herbs = 2 teaspoons fresh herbs.
Serving: 2tablespoons (recipe makes 16 servings) | Calories: 48kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 71mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 421IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg