Vegan No Bake Pumpkin Pie in a Jar!
How cute are these Vegan No Bake Pumpkin Pie in a jar? This recipe is super easy to make, requires no baking, and is assembled in perfect individual portions. Just 10 ingredients and 20 minutes. The perfect dessert for the holiday season, or easy enough that can be made any time of year! Layers of cookie crumble for the crust, delicious pudding-like pumpkin filling with warming spices, topped with a vegan cream cheese frosting. YUM!
For the Pumpkin Layer:
For the Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting:
For the Cookie Crumbs:
- 1 1/2 cup(s) vegan gingersnap or vegan graham crackers (gluten-free if preferred)
- For the Pumpkin Layer: In a large bowl whisk together all of the pumpkin layer ingredients until well combined. Set aside. Note that the color of the pumpkin filling will vary based on the kind of pumpkin or brand used.
- For the Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting: add the vegan cream cheese and vanilla extract to the bowl of a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer or whisk), and mix until fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and mix to combine. Depending on the brand of vegan cream cheese the mixture may be a bit stiff, so add 1 tablespoon of coconut milk at a time and mix in until you reach a frosting-like consistency, (I used 2 tablespoons of coconut milk). Set aside.
- For the Cookie Crumbs: add the cookies to the bowl of a food processor and pulse several times until the cookies are crumbled but there are still some larger chunks. Alternatively, you could add the cookies to a sealable bag and use a rolling pin to smash up the cookies.
- To Assemble the Pumpkin Pies: divide the cookie crumbs evenly over the bottom of 6 jars or glasses, and use a spoon to pat the cookie crumbs down. (Save a few spoonfuls of the cookie crumbs for decoration). Spoon the pumpkin mixture over the cookie layer, dividing it evenly among the jars. Either use a piping bag or spoon a dollop of the vegan cream cheese frosting on top, dividing it evenly among the jars. Lastly, sprinkle some extra cookie crumbs on top for decoration. Enjoy right away or store covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Coconut milk substitutes: I like to use full-fat coconut milk (the kind in a can) because it is super rich and creamy. You cannot taste the coconut milk. If you would like to substitute this, sub for equal amounts of another vegan heavy cream or a plant-based milk (preferably one that is higher in fat so that it is rich and creamy). For the cookies: I used my gingersnap cookie recipe, but you could use store-bought gingersnap or graham crackers, just check that they are vegan. For the cream cheese: I used Violife brand, but feel free to use whatever brand you prefer or you can make your own using my cashew cream cheese recipe. I love the taste combination of the cream cheese frosting with the pumpkin pie base, but if you prefer you can substitute it for a vegan whipped cream. The whipped cream might not be a stable as the cream cheese frosting, so if making these desserts ahead of time, top with the whipped cream just before serving.
Serving: 1 serving (recipe makes 6 servings) | Calories: 376kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 294mg | Potassium: 320mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 11124IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 4mg