Miso Glazed Carrots
A tasty easy-to-make side dish (that's so yummy it might just become the star of the plate)!
- 2 lbs carrots peeled and left whole
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- salt (to taste)
For the glaze:
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoon(s) white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon(s) maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper flakes (optional for spice)
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the carrots on the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt. Place the baking sheet into the oven and roast the carrots for 20 minutes.
- Make the glaze, by mixing all the ingredients for the glaze together in a bowl.
- Once the carrots have cooked, remove the baking sheet from the oven and brush over the glaze. Return the carrots to the oven and roast for a further 20 minutes, until the carrots are tender and lightly caramelized. Serve warm as a side dish.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 479mg | Potassium: 769mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 37970IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 1mg