Only 4 ingredients make these lightly sweet little candies, and they're really easy to make too!
Servings: to 40 jellies (depending on the moulds you use)
- 2 cup(s) watermelon chunks
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) agar powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- Add fresh watermelon chunks to a blender. Blend until a smooth juice consistency is reached. Measure 1 cup of the watermelon juice into a small saucepan and whisk in the sugar and agar powder.
- Heat over medium heat while whisking until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Spoon the mixture into molds, any shape you like! If the mixture starts to set before you are finished pouring it into the molds, return to heat, and whisk for a minute until it softens again. Let set in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours, then pop them out of the moulds. Store in an air tight container in the fridge.
These are lightly sweet, but if you want them sweeter, you can dust them with powdered sugar, which also makes them look all snowy.