Vegan Tuna Chickpea Salad
Nori sheets are the same sheets you use to make sushi. Adding them to this recipe adds a taste of the sea. As the nori is super thin it can be a bit tricky to chop with a knife, so I like to use a pair of kitchen scissors to chop it.
- 1 19oz can(s) chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 sheet(s) nori chopped
- 1 cup(s) frozen or canned corn thawed and draned
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegan mayonnaise (sub tahini for oil-free)
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 4 slice(s) bread, wraps, or lettuce leaves (optional for serving)
- Add the chickpeas to a food processor or large bowl. If using a food processor, pulse several times until the chickpeas are mashed but there is still some texture. If using a bowl, use a potato masher or fork to mash the chickpeas.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Serve on its own or make a sandwich, wrap, or lettuce wraps.
Make ahead: store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Serving: 1serving without bread | Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 125mg | Potassium: 407mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 112IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 3mg