Vegan Tofu Caesar Wrap
You can make the tofu and dressing ahead of time so these wraps can be super quick to prepare, perfect for bringing to work, school, for an easy lunch or weeknight meal. See notes for the oil-free option.
Servings: 4 wraps
For the tofu bites:
- 2 tablespoon(s) nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 12oz block(s) extra-firm tofu drained
For the vegan caesar dressing:
- 1/2 cup(s) vegan mayonnaise *see notes for oil-free version
- 1 tablespoon(s) nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) caper or pickle brine (the liquid from a jar of capers or pickles)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
For the tofu wraps:
- 4 large flour tortillas (sub gluten-free wrap if preferred)
- 4 cup(s) romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 tomatoes sliced
To make the tofu bites:
- OVEN: Preheat your oven to 375F (190C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. AIR-FRYER: Preheat your air-fryer to 350F (180C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the nutritional yeast, olive oil, soy sauce, and garlic powder. Break the block of tofu into small chunks and add them to the bowl. (No need to press the tofu first). Toss the tofu well to evenly coat in the sauce mixture.
- OVEN: Spread the tofu evenly across the baking sheets and bake for about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through, until lightly golden. AIR-FRYER: add the tofu to the air-fryer and cook for about 20 minutes, shaking halfway through, until lightly golden.
For the vegan Caesar dressing:
- Add all of the ingredients to a jar or small bowl and stir to combine.
To make the tofu wraps:
- Fill each wrap with the baked tofu bites, romaine lettuce, tomato, and any additional veggies or toppings you like. Top with Ceasar dressing as desired. Wrap the tortillas around the filling like a burrito and enjoy right away, or pack for lunch later.
Oil-free: To make oil-free, replace the oil when making the tofu with vegetable broth. Make my Creamy Cashew Caesar Salad Dressing recipe instead of the dressing listed here. Make-ahead: the tofu bites can be prepared ahead of time, cooled, and stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. The dressing can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 5 days. The sandwiches can be assembled a few hours before serving.
Calories: 381kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 702mg | Potassium: 448mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 4350IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 8mg