Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallow
Creamy sweet potato layer topped with homemade vegan marshmallow fluff (takes just 10 minutes to make). Toasted with a brulee torch for toasted marshmallow perfection.
- 4 - 5 medium sweet potatoes (8 cups cubed), peeled and cut into 2" cubes
- 1/4 cup(s) vegan butter
- 1/4 cup(s) plant-based milk (such as soy or almond)
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped pecans
- 1 recipe(s) Easy Vegan Marshmallow Fluff
- In a medium pot add the sweet potatoes and cover completely with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 - 12 minutes until the sweet potatoes are fork tender. Drain and return potatoes to the pot.
- Add the vegan butter, non-dairy milk, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extra and use a potato masher to mash well. Spread the hot sweet potato mixture into an even layer in a 9" x 9" square casserole dish or equivalent size. Sprinkle the chopped pecans over top.
- Gently spread the marshmallow fluff across the top. For marshmallow peaks, touch the fluff with the flat side of the spatula and pull straight up. Repeat all over the surface of the marshmallow for desired look. Finish by toasting the marshmallow top with a brûlée torch.
If you are making the casserole ahead of time, you can either reheat the sweet potato in the pot adding more water or non-dairy milk as needed, or you can heat in the baking dish. For the baking dish, spread the sweet potato mixture into the dish keeping the pecans and marshmallow fluff separate. Preheat your oven to 350F (180C). Bake the sweet potato covered with foil for 20 to 25 minutes until heated through. Top with the pecans and marshmallows as usual and toast with brûlée torch. Soy-Free: To keep this recipe soy-free, choose almond or oat milk rather than soy milk.
Calories: 232kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 269mg | Potassium: 494mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 19155IU | Vitamin C: 3.2mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1.1mg