Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles
These taste just like strawberry cheesecake- but on a stick! ... and frozen! I'm obsessed. It's a little shocking how just 8 ingredients and only 15 minutes of your time is all it takes to whip up the delicious treats. Just blend, pour, and freeze.
Servings: 7 popsicles (depending on the size of your popsicle mold)
For the vegan cheesecake layer:
For the rest:
- 1 cup(s) strawberries fresh or frozen (thawed if frozen)
- 3 -4 tablespoon(s) vegan cookie crumbs or granola see notes
- Softening the cashews (optional): Softening the cashews first helps them blend. If you have a high-powered blender you can skip this step, but if not, this step is important to get a smooth and creamy cheesecake layer. To soften the cashews add the cashews to a small pot, cover with water, and boil for about 10 minutes until the cashews are very tender. Drain and rinse cashews before using.
- To make the vegan cheesecake layer: Add the cashews (softened if needed), ½ cup water, agave, lemon juice, vinegar, and vanilla to a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour the cheesecake mixture into a large measuring cup or other bowl and set aside.
- To make the strawberry layer: Return the emptied blender jar to the base (I don't bother cleaning the blender jar in between making these layers). Add the strawberries to the blender and blend until smooth. Add 1 - 2 tablespoons of water if needed to blend smoothly.
- To assemble the popsicles: sprinkle about 2 teaspoons of cookie crumbs into the bottom of each popsicle well. Pour over or spoon in a small amount of the cheesecake mixture. Then follow that with a small amount of the strawberry sauce. Continue layering the cookie crumbs, cheesecake layer, and strawberry layer until the popsicle molds are filled. Insert the popsicle sticks (if needed), and freeze until frozen solid (about 4 hours, but overnight is best). Enjoy cold from the freezer.
Cookie Crumbs or Granola: You can use any kind of hard vegan cookie crumb such as graham crackers, ginger cookies, vanilla wafers, chocolate wafers. To make cookie crumbs from hard cookies, just toss the cookies in your food processor and pulse until a crumb is reached, or you can add the cookies to a sealable bag and use a rolling pin to smash the cookies. Alternatively, you can use a vegan granola which is also a lovely option. Cashew substitutions or Nut-free: try subbing with blanched almonds, macadamia nuts, or raw sunflower seeds. Or if you enjoy coconut flavour, replace both the cashews and the water with 1 ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk. Strawberries substitutions: sub strawberries for other fruit that you enjoy such as cherries, blueberries, blackberries, or peaches. Gluten-Free: for gluten-free popsicles make sure you use gluten-free cookie crumbs or gluten-free granola.
Serving: 1popsicle (1/7th of the recipe) | Calories: 170kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 37mg | Potassium: 164mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 8IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 2mg