Vegan Singapore Noodles
Slightly spicy, jam-packed full of curry deliciousness, tossed with a medley of veggies, and chewy tofu bites. This is a great recipe for cleaning out the fridge. So quick and easy!
Servings: 4 servings
For the tofu:
- 1/2 12oz block(s) extra-firm tofu (about 175g)
- 1 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) sesame oil
For the noodles:
- 225 g rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 tablespoon(s) light oil (such as canola or peanut oil)
- 2 1/2 cup(s) sugar snap peas or snow peas
- 2 medium carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 inch(s) fresh ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) curry powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) turmeric
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2 cup(s) bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoon(s) soy sauce (or to taste)
- To Make the Chewy Tofu Bites:OVEN: Preheat oven to 325F (170C). Lightly grease a baking pan and set aside.AIR FRYER: Preheat your air-fryer to 305F (160C).
- Cut the tofu into small cubes. Toss the tofu with soy sauce and sesame oil. Spread the tofu onto the pan with any remaining marinade so the cubes aren't touching each other. OVEN: Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, stopping to toss around every now and then, until the tofu is browned and chewy.AIR FRYER: fry for 24 - 32 minutes, stopping to shake halfway through until the tofu is browned and chewy.
- To Make the Vegan Singapore Noodles: Prepare the noodles according to the package directions so they are al dente (they will finish cooking in the pan).
- Heat the oil in a wok or in your largest skillet over high heat. Add the peas, carrots, red pepper, and onion. Adjust heat as needed and stir often until the veggies have softened but are not completely cooked yet. About 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, curry powder, and turmeric, and toss to combine and cook for about 1 – 2 minutes more.
- Add in the noodles and toss well to evenly coat and cook about 2-5 minutes more, until everything is evenly coated and the noodles are heated through. Stir in the tofu, green onions, and bean sprouts, and soy sauce and toss well for about 1 minute. Remove from heat and enjoy your Vegan Singapore Noodles!