Vegan Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
Vegan Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies. A super cute treat to make for any day that you need a cookie. (Which is every day).
Servings: 24 cookies
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) vegan butter
- 3/4 cup(s) white sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) agave or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon(s) plant-based milk such as soy or almond
- 3 1/2 teaspoon(s) vegan red food colouring
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup(s) powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C). Cover two baking trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream the vegan butter and sugar together until creamy and fluffy. Mix in the maple syrup, non-dairy milk, food colouring, and vanilla extract until blended. (It's ok if you see little flecks of the vegan butter in the mixture). Pour wet into dry and mix until the dough comes together.
- Put the powdered sugar in a wide bowl or dish that has enough room so you can easily roll a dough ball in there. Take a heaping tablespoon of dough and gently roll into a ball. Roll the ball into the powdered sugar so that it is completely covered. Set on the baking tray and lightly press down so the ball is slightly flattened. Sprinkle a little extra powdered sugar on top. Repeat with the remainder of the dough to make 24 cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes on the trays.
Soy-Free: To keep this recipe soy-free, choose almond or oat milk rather than soy milk.