Vegan Ranch Chickpea Sandwich
Creamy, zesty easy-to-make vegan ranch dressing takes this sandwich to the next level!
Servings: 4 sandwiches
For the ranch dressing:
- 1/4 cup(s) vegan mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
for the sandwiches:
- 1 19oz can(s) chickpeas (2 cups) drained and rinsed
- 2 rib(s) celery chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) red onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) cilantro chopped (optional)
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 8 slice(s) bread (Gluten-free if preferred) (or 4 wraps)
- Add all of the ranch dressing ingredients to a medium bowl and mix together.
- Now add the chickpeas and use a potato masher or fork to mash to preferred texture. I like about 1/2 the chickpeas mashed and leave the other 1/2 whole. Add in the celery, red onion and cilantro, and stir to combine. Layer onto bread with lettuce. Enjoy!
Make ahead: The chickpea filling stores well in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 - 3 days. Oil-free: for oil-free sub vegan mayonnaise for vegan yogurt or for mashed avocado. If using avocado it will be a bit green :)
Serving: 1sandwich with filling and bread (recipe makes 4 sandwiches) | Calories: 478kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 690mg | Potassium: 648mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 2999IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 166mg | Iron: 6mg