Vegan Powdered Donuts
Homemade donuts are easy to make and taste just like old fashioned white sugar powdered donuts. These baked donuts are the perfect dessert or snack, or dipped in coffee.
Servings: 6 donuts
For the dry ingredients:
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup(s) white sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
For the wet ingredients:
- 2/3 cup(s) plant-based milk (such as soy or oat)
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegan butter melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) almond extract
For the powdered coating:
- 1/2 cup(s) powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C). Lightly grease a donut baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl mix together all the wet ingredients. Now add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not over mix, lumps are totally cool. Scoop the batter into a large ziplock bag and cut the corner off of the bag. Alternatively, use a pastry bag. Pipe the batter into the donut pan, dividing it evenly among the 6 donuts wells.
- Bake for 10 - 14 minutes until the donuts have fluffed up and are no longer wet looking. Take out of the oven and cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Add the powdered sugar to a medium bowl, and one at a time dip a cooled donut into the sugar, flipping the donut and sprinkling over the sugar as needed to evenly coat the donut. Note that as the donuts rest, the moisture in the donut can absorb the powdered sugar coating, so it is best to enjoy these within a few hours of coating the donuts.
Soy-Free: To keep this recipe soy-free, choose almond or oat milk rather than soy milk.
Serving: 1donut (recipe makes 6 donuts) | Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 90mg | Potassium: 127mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 281IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 1mg