Vegan Potato Pancakes
Crispy on the outside, soft in the middle, full of potato goodness with a hint of spice throughout. Quick and easy recipe for those lazy nights when you have nothing but a couple potatoes.
Servings: pancakes (roughly)
- 3 yukon gold or russet potatoes, grated
- 1/2 yellow onion grated
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- Light oil, such as canola or vegetable for frying
- Add everything to a large bowl and mix well.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of oil to a large skillet or frying pan and put over medium-high heat. When hot, take a handful of the potato mixture and form into a loose patty. The mixture will be very wet and soft. Drop the patty directly into the hot pan. Fry a couple of minutes until the bottom is golden brown, then flip and fry on the other side. Repeat with remaining potato mixture until all the batter is used up, adding more oil to the pan as needed. Drain the patties on paper towel.
For extra crispy potato pancakes, make the patties very thin.
Calories: 69kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 238mg | Potassium: 242mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 8.5mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 2mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan