Vegan Peppermint Patties
Only 5 ingredients to make this amazing dairy-free chocolate treat. The perfect combo of sweet mint and chocolate.
- 3 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) vegan butter
- 1/4 cup(s) agave (use light coloured agave to keep the filling white)
- 1 teaspoon(s) peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cup(s) vegan chocolate chips
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a hand mixer or stand mixer with a large bowl to beat the powdered sugar, vegan butter, agave, and peppermint extract together, making sure the butter gets completely mixed it. It may look very crumbly. Use your hands to gather up the mixture and form a ball. Knead it together a few times making sure everything is nicely incorporated, and the dough holds together nicely.
- Take 1 tablespoon of the dough and shape into a patty. I like my vegan peppermint patties nice and thick, but if you are more of a thin mint type of person, feel free to make them thinner. Lay the patties in a single layer on the parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat until you use up all the dough. Pop in the freezer for 15 minutes or longer to set.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler. Take one patty at a time and dip it into the chocolate, turning to evenly coat. Shake off excess chocolate then return the patty to the parchment lined baking sheet. I found using two forks, one in each hand, was the easiest method for dipping. If the patties start to soften before you finish coating them with chocolate, return the tray to the freezer to chill as needed. Once finished and all of the patties are chocolate coated, pop the tray back in the freezer set for about 10 minutes until the chocolate is completely set.
Store patties in an air-tight container at room temperature, in the fridge, or in the freezer, depending on how firm you like them. They should keep about a week at room temp, but much longer in the fridge or freezer.
Calories: 136kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 15mg | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.8mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan