Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Popsicles
Easy to make, just 8 ingredients! Creamy, lightly sweet, minty frozen treats. Perfect summer dessert.
Servings: 8 popsicles (depending on the size of your popsicle molds)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) plant-based milk (such as soy or almond)
- 1 cup(s) coconut milk
- 6 tablespoon(s) white sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) peppermint or mint extract
- a few drop(s) green food colouring (optional)
- 1/2 cup(s) vegan chocolate chips
- Add the non-dairy milk, coconut milk, sugar, and cornstarch to a medium sized pot and whisk well making sure the cornstarch is completely mixed it. Put over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer while whisking often. Simmer for about 5 minutes until the mixture thickens, being careful to not let it boil over. Remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla extract, mint extract, and food colouring.
- Pour the mint cream into the popsicle molds leaving about 1/2 an inch of room at the top to allow space for chocolate chips. Do not add the chocolate chips yet or they will melt. Chill the popsicles in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Once the mint cream is chilled for an hour, you can now add the chocolate chips without them melting. Divide the chocolate chips evenly among the popsicles, and use a popsicle stick to push the chocolate chips down to spread throughout each popsicle. Put a popsicle stick in each mold and put the popsicles back in the freezer to set overnight.
Soy-Free: To keep this recipe soy-free, choose almond or oat milk rather than soy milk.