Vegan Margherita Pizza
You can't go wrong with this classic pizza! A simple vegan mozzarella (I prefer homemade for this), with tomato sauce and basil. Feel free to add extra toppings if you like, but I think it's the simplicity of this pizza that makes it a favorite!
Servings: (makes 1 medium pizza)
- 1 pizza dough (gluten-free if preferred)
- 1/2 cup(s) prepared tomato sauce (more or less as desired)
- 1 recipe Melty Stretchy Gooey Vegan Mozzarella (or 1 1/2 cups store-bought vegan mozzarella)
- 1 handful(s) fresh basil torn or sliced
- Preheat your oven to 425F (220C). Lightly grease a pizza pan.
- On a lightly floured surface, stretch the pizza dough until it fits the pizza pan.
- Spread the tomato sauce evenly across the pizza dough. Dollop spoonfuls of the homemade mozzarella on top of the tomato sauce, (or if using a store-bought mozzarella, sprinkle it across the surface of the pizza). Bake for 18 to 22 minutes until the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven then garnish with fresh basil. Optionally you can also add a drizzle of olive oil, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Homemade: If you have a copy of Fuss-Free Vegan cookbook you can find my recipe for Go-To Pizza Dough (on page 211). And My Family Favourite Tomato Sauce (page 156). Store-bought pizza dough and tomato sauce also works wonderfully! Make-ahead/leftovers: I love this pizza fresh, but leftover cold pizza is also great. Store leftover cooled pizza wrapped in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat in an air-fryer preheated to 360F for 3 - 6 minutes. Nut-free: If you are making the mozzarella from scratch but you would also like it to be nut-free, you can sub the cashews for raw sunflower seeds. Mozzarella: I recommend my very simple mozzarella recipe for this pizza because it is made using ingredients you likely already have on hand and is quick to make. But if you're interested in an extra melty and grateable mozzarella, try this vegan mozzarella recipe which uses kapa carrageenan.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1162mg | Potassium: 246mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 159IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 4mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan