Vegan Lobster (Garlic Butter Heart of Palm)
Vegan Lobster (Garlic Butter Heart of Palm) that is tender and served with a buttery garlic dip. Just 7 ingredients and takes 10 min to make.
- 2 can(s)(398ml / 14oz each) heart of palm, drained and cut into large chunks (see step 1)
- 5 tablespoon(s) vegan butter
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) water
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- 1 lemon cut into wedges, for garnish (optional)
- Chop the heart of palm into large chunks. I like to make these chunks various different shapes to mimic the look of lobster pieces.
- Add the vegan butter, garlic to a small bowl. Microwave in 20 second increments until melted. Pour half of the melted garlic butter into a large frying pan and add two tablespoons of water to the pan with the butter. Pour the remaining half of melted garlic butter into a small dish and mix in 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Set this aside, this will be used for dipping.
- Heat the pan with the butter and water and add the heart of palm chunks. Lightly simmer for about 5 minutes until the heart of palm is heated through. Sprinkle the paprika and salt over the heart of palm and gently stir to incorporate the paprika. I like to only partially mix in the paprika so that some pieces have more paprika than others to make it look more like lobster. Serve the heart of palm hot, with the lemon butter on the side, and garnished with parsley and lemon wedges.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 334kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 287mg | Potassium: 3604mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 927IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 3mg