Vegan Lemon Poppy Loaf
I love this soft, buttery, fluffy, lemony, poppy seed loaf. It makes mornings go from cold cereal boring to a special spring way to start the day. The lemon icing kicks it up even more for a real breakfast treat.
Servings: loaf (about 12 slices)
- 2 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup(s) white sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/4 cup(s) plant-based milk (such as soy or almond)
- 1/2 cup(s) light oil (such as canola or vegetable)
- 1/3 cup(s) lemon juice (2-3 lemons)
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
For the lemon icing:
- 1 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon zest
- Preheat your oven to 375F (190 C). Lightly grease a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the wet ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and gently mix together. Don't over mix, lumps are totally fine.
- Pout the batter into at the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45 - 55 mins, rotating once midway through. The loaf is ready when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before icing. When cool, mix the lemon icing ingredients together in a bowl. Set the loaf on a cooling rack over a baking sheet to catch all the excess icing. Drizzle the icing over the loaf. Let the icing set for about 30 minutes before slicing.
Soy-Free: To keep this recipe soy-free, choose almond or oat milk rather than soy milk.
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan