Vegan Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Pasta
If you like creamy, and if you like pasta, you will like this dish. Hot pasta tossed with homemade cashew cream, lots of sautéed garlic, chewy and salty sun-dried tomatoes, and a big handful of fresh basil.
- 16 oz pasta of choice (gluten-free if preferred)
For the cashew cream:
- 1/2 cup(s) raw cashews
- 1/2 cup(s) water
For the sun-dried tomato sauce:
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 5 clove(s) garlic sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) sun-dried tomatoes (drained if in oil), sliced
- 1 cup(s) water
- 3 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh basil chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook your pasta according to the package directions.
- To make the cashew cream: Boil the cashews in water for abou 10 minutes until tender and drain. Add the boiled cashews and 1/2 cup fresh water to a blender and blend until completely smooth, stopping to scrape the sides as needed.
- To make the sun-dried tomato sauce: Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium. When hot, add the garlic and sun-dried tomatoes and sauté, for 1 - 2 minutes until the garlic is just starting to turn golden.
- Reduce heat and stir in the cashew cream, 1 cup of water, tomato paste, and basil. Once hot and bubbling, remove from heat, it will only take a minute or two. Add the hot pasta into the pan with the sauce, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Serve hot.