Creamy Pesto Pizza
It takes just 5 minutes to whip up this creamy, rich, basil bursting, zesty, garlic, peppery sauce. Top with tomatoes and bake. Yum!
Servings: 1 pizza
For the pesto:
For the pizza:
- 1 pizza dough (gluten-free if preferred)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) grape or cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425F and lightly grease a pizza pan.
- To make the pesto: if you don't have a high-speed blender start by adding the cashews to a small pot and covering them with water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes until they are tender. Drain and rinse. If you have a high-speed blender, you can simply skip to the next step.
- Add the cashews and water to the blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Now add all of the remaining pesto ingredients and blend until smooth, stopping to scrape the sides as needed.
- To make the pizza: stretch the dough on a well-floured surface to fit your pan. Spread the pesto sauce over the dough, then top with cherry tomatoes. Bake for 18 to 24 minutes until the edges of the crust are golden brown. Finish by garnishing with extra fresh basil and red pepper flakes if using.
Nut-Free: For a nut-free option sub raw sunflower seeds for the raw cashews. You may need to boil them a little bit longer to make sure they blend well. Cashew Alternative: for other nut options you can try blanched almonds or macadamia nuts. Balsamic Glaze: several EVMP subscribers recommend drizzling the pizza with balsamic glaze after it's removed from the oven, for even more yum!
Serving: 1/8th of the pizza | Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 505mg | Potassium: 218mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 190IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 3mg