Vegan Cream of Celery Soup
One pot Vegan Cream of Celery Soup! Simmer the cashews right along with the rest of the soup. This makes them very soft (the same result as soaking cashews). Then when you blend the soup up, the cashews blend right along with it making cream right in the soup. Insta-creamy soup!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 6 rib(s) celery chopped
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 4 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 L vegetable broth (4 cups)
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour (or gluten-free if preferred)
- 1/2 cup(s) raw cashews
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme leaves
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the celery, onion, and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes until the celery and onion begin to soften and look translucent.
- Add in the vegetable broth and water then sprinkle in the flour while whisking to avoid any lumps. Add in the raw cashews, bay leaf, and thyme. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes until the cashews are very soft.
- Remove the bay leaf, then blend in small batches, being careful not to fill your blender too high so it doesn't erupt. If you don't have a high powered blender such as a Blendtec, make sure to blend very well so that the cashews are completely blended. Return to the pot to heat or serve directly from the blender. Season with salt and pepper if desired and garnish with some celery leaves.
Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 703mg | Potassium: 217mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 535IU | Vitamin C: 3.2mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1.3mg