Vegan Cranberry and Pistachio Loaf
Easy to make and a perfect morning treat with coffee or tea, or after a delicoius dinner.
Servings: 1 loaf (about 12 slices)
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/4 cup(s) full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup(s) light oil (such as canola or vegetable oil)
- 2 tablespoon(s) orange or lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
For the fruit & nuts:
- 1 cup(s) fresh or thawed frozen cranberries (plus 1/4 cup for topping)
- 1/3 cup(s) shelled pistachios (plus 1 tablespoon for topping)
For the Icing:
- 1 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- To make the loaf: Preheat the oven to 375F (190C). Lightly grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together all of the dry ingredients. In a medium bowl whisk together all of the wet ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Add in 1 cup of cranberries, and 1/3 cup pistachios into the batter, and stir until they are just mixed in. Don't over mix your batter.
- Pour into the prepared pan, then sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of cranberries, and 1 tablespoon of pistachios down the center of the batter. Bake for about 55 to 65 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- To make the icing: Mix all of the icing ingredients together. When the cake is completely cool, drizzle the icing over the cake.