Vegan Cranberry Jalapeño Dip
Easy to prepare, can be made ahead of time, and looks amazing! Tart pops of cranberry with spice, a sweet marinade, and velvety vegan cream cheese for a total explosion of delicious flavours.
- 6 oz (2 cups) fresh cranberries sliced in half
- 1/2 cup(s) white sugar
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 handful(s) fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/2 - 1 jalapeño seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese (about 1 cup), (homemade or store-bought)
- Crackers for serving
- Add the cranberries, white sugar, green onions, cilantro, lemon juice, jalapeño, and salt to a medium bowl and stir to combine. Cover and let marinate in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours or up to 2 days. I usually let it marinate overnight. The sugar will dissolve and the cranberries will become less tart.
- To assemble the dip, spread the vegan cream cheese in a thin layer on the bottom of your serving dish. Spoon the cranberry mixture onto the cream cheese layer leaving behind any extra liquid behind in the bowl. Serve with crackers.
Make-ahead tips: the cranberry mixture can be prepared up to 2 days in advance. The assembled dip can be covered and refrigerated 2 - 3 hours before serving. Jalapeño: I love spice so I add the entire jalapeño but you can use half a jalapeño or even less if you prefer. Serving tips: I served mine on a plate, but for easier and less messy scooping I recommend serving this in a flat bowl or a dish that has sides.
Serving: 1serving (1/6th of the recipe) | Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 246mg | Potassium: 55mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 179IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg