Vegan Confetti Cake
A delicious vanilla cake with sprinkles stirred into the batter to make spots of bright color throughout. Deliciously moist and sweet.
Servings: 1 8" 2-layer cake
Vegan Confetti Cake Bowl 1:
- 3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup(s) white sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/4 cup(s) plant-based milk (such as soy or almond)
- 2/3 cup(s) light oil (such as canola or vegetable)
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla extract
Vegan Confetti Cake Bowl 2:
- 3/4 cup(s) aquafaba (the liquid in a can of chickpeas)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup(s) vegan sprinkles (plus more for decoration)
For the Vegan Vanilla Frosting:
- 1/2 cup(s) vegan butter
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable shortening
- 3 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 - 4 tablespoon(s) plant-based milk (such as soy or almond)
To make the vegan confetti cakes:
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Lightly grease two 8" baking pans and line the bottoms of the pans with a circle of parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, white sugar, baking powder, and salt. Now add the plant-based milk, light oil, and vanilla extract and stir to combine. It will make for a very thick batter, almost like cookie dough.
- In another large bowl, use a stand mixer or hand beater to combine the aquafaba and cream of tartar until it forms stiff peaks. This will take about 3 to 6 minutes.
- Now fold the aquafaba into the batter. The batter is thick and it will take a bit of time to combine the two, so be patient. When the batter is combined you can lastly add the sprinkles. Depending on the kind of sprinkles you have they may bleed, so working quickly, scatter the sprinkles over the surface of the batter and then quickly give it 2 to 4 stirs to combine. It’s ok if the sprinkles aren’t mixed in perfectly, they will do their thing in the oven, it’s more important that they don’t bleed.
- Divide the batter evenly among the two pans. Bake for 35 to 42 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
To make the vegan vanilla frosting:
- In a large bowl, use a stand mixer or hand beater to mix together the vegan butter, vegetable shortening, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until fluffy. Add 1 - 4 tablespoons of plant-based milk as needed to reach desired frosting consistency.
Soy-Free: To keep this recipe soy-free, choose almond or oat milk rather than soy milk.
Serving: 1slice (this recipe makes 16 slices) | Calories: 446kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 87mg | Potassium: 60mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 44g | Vitamin A: 343IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg