Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
All the same flavours and textures, without eggs and 100% dairy-free. Vegan treats have never been so sweet ;)
Servings: 18 cookies (roughly)
- 3 tablespoon(s) almond flour or ground almonds (or other ground nut)
- 1 cup(s) bread flour
- 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) cold vegan butter
- 1 cup(s) dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) white sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup(s) vegan chocolate chips
- 5 ounce(s) vegan dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the almond flour to a small pot and put over medium-low heat. Toast the almond flour until it lightly browns and smells fragrant, stirring frequently so it doesn't burn, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and immediately pour the toasted almond into a large mixing bowl to stop the cooking.
- Sift the bread flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, espresso powder, and salt into the large mixing bowl along with the toasted almond flour. Whisk to combine.
- In another large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together the vegan butter, dark brown sugar, white sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix until fluffy.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped dark chocolate.
- Scoop about 3 tablespoons of cookie dough into a ball and place on the prepared baking sheet, spacing each cookie 2-3 inches apart. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until the cookies are browned on the edges. Let cool on the pan for about 10 minutes.
Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 276mg | Potassium: 90mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 485IU | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1.7mg