Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Squares
The perfect after-school snack or easy dessert. Just 9 ingredients, 1 bowl, 30 minutes to make.
- 1 cup(s) banana(s) ripe, mashed (about 2 1/2 bananas)
- 1/3 cup(s) brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) plant-based milk (such as soy or almond)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) vegan chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C). Lightly grease an 8" x 8" square baking pan.
- Add the mashed banana, brown sugar, non-dairy milk, and vanilla extract to a large bowl and mix well. Stir in the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Lastly fold in 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips (setting aside the remaining 1/4 cup to use in the next step).
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and spread evenly in the pan. It will be fairly thick. Sprinkle over the remaining chocolate chips. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing. Cut into 9 bars and use a spatula to lift them from the pan. Enjoy still warm or let cool completely then store in an air-tight container.
Soy-Free: To keep this recipe soy-free, choose almond or oat milk rather than soy milk.
Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 128mg | Potassium: 116mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 2.3mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1.3mg