Vegan Champagne Cupcakes
Vegan Champagne Cupcakes are easy to make but so elegant. Light, fluffy, and sweet with a hint of champagne flavour.
For the dry ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) white sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
For the wet ingredients:
- 1 cup(s) Champagne or sparkling wine
- 1/4 cup(s) light oil (such as canola or vegetable)
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
For the frosting:
- 2 1/2 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) vegan butter
- 1/4 cup(s) vegetable shortening
- 2 - 3 tablespoon(s) Champagne or sparkling wine
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- Sprinkles for decoration
- Preheat your oven to 350 F (180C). Line a cupcake pan with 12 paper liners, or lightly grease the pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together.
- In a medium bowl, lightly whisk the wet ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until the batter just comes together, don’t over mix. Evenly divide batter among the liners. Bake 18 - 20 minutes until the tops are slightly golden, and a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, mix the powdered sugar, vegan butter, vegetable shortening, 2 tablespoons of Champagne, and vanilla extract together with a stand or hand mixer. If needed add another tablespoon of Champagne until desired consistency is reached. Decorate cupcakes however you like then add sparkly sprinkles for some extra pizazz!
Calories: 316kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 221mg | Potassium: 31mg | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 180IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 0.7mg