Vegan Cashew Pesto Pasta
Takes less than 20 minutes to whip up this Vegan Cashew Pesto Pasta, but it will taste like you worked all day in the kitchen. Perfect for the lazy gourmet!
- 16 oz pasta of choice gluten-free if preferred
- 1 bunch(s) fresh basil (1 cup) (save some leaves for garnish)
- 3/4 cup(s) cashews raw or roasted
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 2 tablespoon(s) nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and then cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Add the basil, cashews, olive oil, garlic, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt and pepper into a food processor. Pulse until everything is ground into a paste, but it still has a bit of texture, stopping to scrape the sides as needed.
- Add the pesto to the pot with the pasta and toss until well combined. Serve hot with a few leaves of basil for garnish.
Cashews/ Nut-Free Option: sub cashews for blanched almonds, macadamia nuts, walnuts, or for nut-free try raw sunflower seeds. You can also try subbing for 1/3 cup tahini, adding more as desired. Oil-Free: sub oil for aquafaba or water (you may need less so start with 2 tablespoons adding more as desired).